How to export data from an SQL database?
Help Desk Migration allows connecting to an SQL database and executing an SQL query to retrieve information to create a data source. This article provides basic instructions on the requirements needed to migrate from a database.
Currently, the Migration Wizard supports only the MySQL driver.
How to start a migration from a database?
1. Create a read-only database user for this IP address: 188.4O.249.3O. Follow this instruction to create a read-only user account.
2. Sign into your account and click Setup new migration. Choose Database from the list and start filling out the form.
3. Specify the following parameters:
- The host name of the server your helpdesk database is hosted on.
- The port number of your helpdesk database.
- The name of the database in which your helpdesk data is stored.
- The username used in your helpdesk install to log into the database server.
- The password to access the database server.
4. Click Continue and proceed with your migration.