This service level agreement (‘SLA’) describes the levels of service a consumer (the client) may receive from Help Desk Migration (‘Vendor’). This page also serves as a set of guidelines to inform decision-making within Help Desk Migration and the support services provided by the Vendor.This page should be read along with the Terms of Service between the client and the Vendor. Although the SLA covers key areas of the client’s provided services and support, other contracts may include areas not covered by this SLA.
PurposeThis SLA is an important part of the contract between the client and the Vendor. It aims to enable the two parties to work together effectively.The document is limited in scope since it sets the official policy for providing help through the Support Center. By setting down these policies and channeling requests for help through the website, phone, and live chat, we hope to provide better service, have an accurate profile of user needs, and demonstrate the appropriate level of staff needed to handle the volume of requests.
Services coveredThis SLA covers only those services provided by the Vendor to the client for purposes of migrating data between help desk systems. This SLA contemplates only those above-named services and makes no guarantees or representations as to the provision or availability of any other service that may be provided by the Vendor as an ancillary benefit to its clients.
PartiesThis agreement is intended to cover Help Desk Migration, including:
- Service Management
- Support Department
- Technical Department
ExclusionsThe Vendor will always do everything possible to rectify every issue promptly. However, there are exclusions. This SLA does not apply when:
- The client has caused the problem. E.g., the client made changes to the migration configuration without notifying or consulting the Vendor.
- The client has prevented the Vendor from performing required maintenance and update tasks.
- The client has caused the corruption of data or an unsatisfiable outcome. For instance, not having thoroughly checked the result of the test migration and proceeding with the migration of all data.
Methods of ContactCustomers may raise a ticket or ask a question in live chat. Or contact the Vendor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call at +1-888-866-7471.Due to staffing limitations live chat support may not be immediately available at all times.
Hours of operation and Response timesThe Support Center operates Monday through Friday, from 8 am till 12 am (UTC+2).The level of support, response times, and priorities depend on the Support Plan the user has chosen. There are three Support Plans that provide the following support:
- STANDARD: 9/5 Support via email, phone & chat, regular SLA response time (within 24 hours)
- PREMIUM: 16/7 support via email, phone & chat, high priority response time, dedicated support on weekends, 1 data re-migration within 5 days
- SIGNATURE: 16/7 support via email, phone & chat, highest priority response time, dedicated tech support on weekends/holidays, 1 data re-migration within 10 days, 1 Delta migration within 10 days, skipped/failed records check and migration
Resolution timesThe Vendor will always do its best to resolve problems as soon as possible. It recognizes that the service provided by the Vendor has an impact on the client’s business and that any downtime can cost money.However, the Vendor is unable to provide guaranteed resolution times. This is because the nature and causes of problems can vary enormously.For instance, it may be possible to resolve the problem with data migration in hours, only by making small adjustments to the setup. But it may take longer to continue the migration process in case there are adjustments that the client has to do on their side.In all cases, the Vendor will do its best to resolve issues as quickly as possible. The Vendor will also provide progress updates to the client.
Vendor responsibilitiesThe Vendor will provide and maintain the service used by the client.Additionally, the Vendor will:
- Ensure that relevant services and information are available to the client where and when necessary.
- Respond to support requests with the timeframe stated in Response Times.
- Take steps to escalate and resolve issues in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Maintain good communication with the client at all times.
Responsibilities of Those Making a RequestThe client will use the Vendor-provided services as intended. When contacting the Vendor, the client must provide:
- A valid email address. If the client uses any spam protection, they need to whitelist make email@example.com.
- A valid phone number.
- A clear and specific description of the problem or request, including information regarding any error messages you may have received.
- Notify the Vendor of issues or problems promptly.
- Provide the Vendor with required credentials, information, etc., for maintenance, updates, and fault prevention.
- Maintain good communication with the Vendor at all times.
Custom Migration ServiceCustom migration service means that the client can request the Vendor to write custom code if the standard service does not meet their needs.The custom service includes but is not limited to data filtering, data mapping, etc.After the client submits a request for customer service, the Vendor will ask for requirements, estimate the complexity, provide a quote, and a timeframe within which the customization will be completed.Custom migration service is provided at an additional cost. To receive a custom migration service, the client must pay for it before they can evaluate the outcome.Having received the custom service, the client has 7 (seven) days to report any issues. If the client hasn’t reported any problems, the customization is considered successful. All further changes will be provided at an additional cost.The custom migration service is non-refundable.
Conditions of Access DetailsTo provide the service, the Vendor will request specific credentials and information.During the Full Data Migration and 5 (five) days after its completion, the Vendor stores the information about it to resolve any issues that may arise. If the client doesn’t report any problems within five (5) days, the Vendor considers the migration successful and removes the information related to it.The same applies to the Free Demo Migration. During the Free Demo Migration and 7 (seven) days after its completion, the Vendor stores the information about it to resolve any issues and answer questions that may arise. If the client chooses not to initiate the Full Data Migration within 7 (seven) days, the Vendor removes the information related to the Demo Migration.The Vendor also recommends changing the passwords and restricting any access that has been granted to the Vendor for data migration. This should be done 5 days after the automated Full Data Migration.
Data Re-migrationRe-migration is the process of migrating data between the same instances for the second time. Data re-migrations can take place when:
- The user migrated data to a sandbox instance and wants to re-migrate it to the live instance.
- The migration needs to be customized to meet user’s needs.
- The target help desk got updated or upgraded.
- Enabling audit fields.
- The source data has been changed.