Our team is ready to present an update to Migration Wizard. Now, our users can move their records to a new platform - Groove.
If you were looking to migrate your data to this platform, now you can easily do it with our automated migration tool. Here’s what you can import to Groove:
- Tickets with their Public Replies, and Private Notes;
- Knowledge Base Articles.
In case you have any additional requirements for your data migration, please feel free to contact us!
How to migrate to Groove with the help of Migration Wizard?
The automated migration tool is super easy to use. Here’s how you can complete your Groove import:
1. First, sign up on our website and set up a new migration.
2. From the list of options, choose your current platform (the one you want to migrate FROM) and provide the necessary credentials to access your account.
3. Now, choose Groove from the list of options as the target platform.
4. Provide a URL for your Groove account. You may be asked to allow HDM Service to access your data in Groove.
5. Configure your Groove connection by selecting the 'Knowledge Base' site.
6. Check the boxes with the data you want to import to Groove. You can select records from both Help Desk and Knowledge Base.
7. Complete a mapping process by matching corresponding fields from the source and target platforms to each other.
8. Start a demo migration. The system will choose random 20 tickets and the same amount of articles (if you choose to migrate KB as well) from your source platform and migrate them to Groove. Afterward, you will be able to check if the records were moved correctly.
9. If you’re happy with the results, you can pay and proceed to the full migration any time you’re ready.
HDM Service supports the migration of Knowledge Base articles to and from Groove. However, there are quite a few peculiarities that have to be taken into consideration before the actual transfer.
When migrating to Groove:
- Groove supports only one category level. Thus, all categories migrate to the folder name instead.
The structure will have the following outlook: Category name → Folder name.
- Groove doesn’t support base64 images. If your articles contain this kind of images, they will not be displayed. The page may freeze and some other elements might be missing. However, this can be easily prevented. Go through all of your articles containing some images before the migration, and change the format to any, except for base64.
- A similar problem may appear, when migrating the article with HTML code, featuring <img> tag. Instead of the image itself, its HTML code will be displayed. Once again, go through your KB articles and replace the tag.
When migrating from Groove:
Because all categories in Groove are referred to as folders, during the migration to another platform, they will connect to a default category, with the name Source Default Category. This can make the process of locating particular categories quite lengthy.
Start your free data migration at any time!
You can see what your data on the future help desk will look like right now! To do this, just set up a Free Demo Migration on our website. We will migrate a limited set of your records for free to show you the result. Go on, it will take up to 10 minutes of your time!
Try Groove import right now!
Use automated, secure, and fast service