How to Use Two-Factor Authentication and User Activity Monitoring in Migration Wizard
The protection of your data is the highest priority of the Help Desk Migration team, that’s why we are constantly improving our security measures and updating our Security Policy. Recently, we have added two new protective measures to our Migration Wizard: two-factor authentication (2FA) and monitoring of user activity sessions.
So, let’s figure out how you can use these functions in Migration Wizard and benefit from them.
Help Desk Migration provides you with the opportunity of 2FA while logging in to your Migration Wizard account. From now on, you can enable it by doing the following:
1. Go to your Account Settings > Two Factor Authentication and drag the slider to the right.
3. Scan the QR code that you can see on your screen with the help of your recently downloaded verification application.
4. Get a verification code in your verification application and enter it into the needed field.
5. Finally, click on the “Enable two-factor authentication” button.
After you have enabled the two-factor authentication, you’ll have to type in the verification code each time you log into your Migration Wizard account.
You can get this code in the verification application on your phone or, in case you don’t have access to your phone, in the settings of your two-factor authentication. Keep in mind that each verification code can be used only one time. However, you can always regenerate your recovery codes once you’ve used them all by clicking the “Regenerate recovery codes” button.
Enabled 2FA will add an extra layer of security to your user account. In simple words, you will have to go through two following identificatory steps while gaining access to your data:
- Firstly, you will need to enter your email and password or sign in with your social media profile.
- Secondly, you’ll have to reaffirm your willingness to log in to your Migration Wizard account by providing a variable code generated by the authenticator application that has to be installed on your phone.
Only after passing these two verification steps, you will get access to your Migration Wizard account.
This way, 2FA will provide your data with double-protection. Even if there occurs a potential compromise of one of the identificatory steps while logging into your Migration Wizard account, your records will remain safe and sound. For example, if somebody has stolen your password or you have lost your phone, you won’t have to worry. The chance that someone else will have access to your second-factor authentication information is extremely low. So, your data will endure protection.
The monitoring of user activity sessions
Among other security measures the Help Desk Migration service offers is the monitoring of user activity sessions. Similar to 2FA, it makes your Migration Wizard account even more secure. The monitoring of user activity sessions will allow you to track every minute detail of user activity on the Migration Wizard tool. You can monitor the user activity sessions by following these steps:
1. Go to your Account Settings > Active Sessions.
2. Now, check the information about any user activity in your account. Feel free to track the IP address, the browser somebody used during the user activity session, and the login time of each user activity session in your Migration Wizard account.
3. Finally, you have an option to revoke any previously performed session. So, in case you gave your access credentials to our developers, you will be able to terminate any user activity session on their computer if needed. In order to do so, simply click on the “Revoke” button next to the user activity session you’d like to terminate.
So, the possibility to monitor the user activity sessions in Migration Wizard does not only provide you with a possibility of tracking the details of every active session in your account, but also allows you to revoke any of them.