How to create a profile with “Modify All” permission in Salesforce Service Cloud?
Before starting the Demo Migration to Salesforce Service Cloud you need to create a custom profile with "Modify all" permission enabled and assign all agents to this profile. This permission allows us to differentiate agent profiles from other types of users in Salesforce Service Cloud.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Navigate to Setup > Administration > Users > Profiles, click on Clone next to the Standard User profile:
2. Enter a profile name and click on Save. It will open a profile overview of this newly created profile.
3. Go to Objects Settings>Cases:
4. Then click on Edit, check all permissions and click Save:
Once you are done with the profile setup, assign users to this new custom profile:
1. Navigate to Setup>Administration>Users>Users.
2. Click on Edit next to the user.
3. Go to Profile drop-down and select a new custom profile that you just created:
4. Then, click on Save.
5. Assign all agents to this profile.
6. Run your migration.
Once the migration is done, you can modify/remove this permission.