How to Import a CSV file to Jira Service Management
If you’re looking for a way to import a CSV file to Jira Service Management, you’ve come to the right place. With Help Desk Migration Service you can seamlessly and securely transfer your data, thanks to the automation offered by our Migration Wizard.
Data you may upload from a CSV file
With HDM Service you can migrate the following entities from CSV files to Jira Service Management:
- Agents (have to be created in the Jira Service Management before the migration)
- Public notes (up to 32kb of data)
- Creation dates
- Custom fields
- KB articles and folders (videos in your articles won't be migrated)
- KB attachments
Setting up your Jira Import
When it comes to data migration, it’s important to have a detailed guide covering each step. Help Desk Migration team has prepared one for you. So, to successfully transfer your records:
1. Start by selecting CSV as the source platform.
4. Once you have uploaded the data you would like to transfer, choose a target platform – Jira Service Management and provide all the necessary credentials to connect it to our service. You will be asked to put in your generated API key. For more details on how to do so, check out our visual guide.
5. Configure your Jira Service Management connection by choosing the Service Desk Project to which you want to migrate and the Issue Type.
6. Select all of the records that you would like to have on your Jira Service Management platform. The table also shows how the name of the entities would change after the transfer.
7. After you finish picking the records, open a mapping page by clicking on the Map fields button. The correct execution of this step will ensure that you can easily locate data after Full Data Migration. The best way to do so is by choosing corresponding fields for the source and target platforms.
8. Start a demo migration. The demo basically mirrors the way the Full Data Migration will go but on a smaller scale. Still, it’s a perfect way to see how your CSV files will look like on Jira Service Management. It takes only up to 5 minutes and is completely free.
9. To proceed further, you have to manually import tickets with a JSON file to Jira Service Management. We’ve prepared a visual guide for you to seamlessly deal with the migration process. Don’t forget to increase the max attachment size to make sure you increase every single record that you need.
10. Once you’ve imported a JSON file to Jira Service Management, carefully check the results of trial migration. Our team strongly insists that you check everything thoroughly. The proper examination will ensure that everything goes smoothly during the actual transfer.
11. If you’re completely satisfied with the way the demo went, initiate Full Data Migration.
That’s it. It is certainly up to you to choose the most suitable migration option. Drop us a line if you have any questions considering data migration to Jira Service Management. One of our managers will get back to you and specify all the details.