How to import Contacts to Jira Service Management
To migrate contacts to Jira Service Management you must have the Public Signup setting enabled. If you're using Service Management for customer support, you might have this setting enabled already. However, if you're using Jira Service Management for internal support, follow the instruction below to double-check/enable this setting.
To enable Public Signup, follow this path:
- Log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- At the upper right corner, choose Jira settings; Products; Configuration.
- Find the Customer Permissions section and enable the setting.
You or a service desk project administrator can then open a service desk at the project level:
1. Go to Projects and click on the project where you want to migrate the data to.
2. On the left sidebar choose Project settings > Customer permissions.
3. Select Anyone on the web.
4. Click Save.
Once you have enabled these settings, continue setting up the migration.