How to split one Zendesk instance into multiple
There are times when splitting your Zendesk instance makes sense business-wise. Some of the cases we’ve seen include companies getting sold, splitting support teams to manage different products, etc. Regardless of the reason you need to split your Zendesk and extract data, we’re here to help.
All you need to do is drop us a message in the live chat. Our team will get back to you and help with your data migration.
Here’s how it works:
- First, we will ask for your requirements to define the scope.
- Then, we’ll have some basic settings done and write a custom code.
- Then, we’ll run a custom demo for you so you could verify the result. If any tweaks are needed, we’ll adjust the code to meet your needs.
- If you’re happy with the result then we initiate the migration of all data.
- Once the migration is over, you check your Zendesk to see if you’re happy with the result.
What happens to contacts and companies when splitting Zendesk instances
We’ve seen companies use Zendesk groups or brands to run support for multiple products within the same instance. If that’s the case then there’s one thing you should note. When migrating data, we filter tickets according to your requirements, and move contacts and companies related only to those tickets. Because we don’t pull data from other brands/groups, some customer base may be left out. However, this ensures a more accurate data transfer.
Need your Zendesk instance split?
Contact our team to discuss the details