How to add service desk teams to a project in Jira Service Desk
To migrate to Jira Service Desk you need to make sure that:
- user emails in source help desk and Jira Service Desk are exact match
- service desk teams have access to the target project in Jira Service Desk
- all necessary users have Agent permissions
- all necessary users in Jira Service Desk have activated their accounts
When migrating to Jira Service Desk, make sure that all service desk teams have access to the Project to which you want to import data.
Otherwise, we will not be able to continue the migration.
To invite the team on the Project, first of all, you have to create the necessary users in your Jira Service Desk account.
How to create users in Jira
To add users to your Jira, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > User management.
2. In the upper right corner, click Invite users.
3. This will take you to a new pop-up window where you can provide up to 10 email addresses of the users you want to migrate, and also set their roles, permissions, add them to Groups, and even create customized invitations. When ready, click Invite * users.
4. Each user must accept the invitation sent to their email to activate their profile in Jira. Remember that the invitation will expire 7 days after it was sent.
How to invite service desk teams to projects in Jira
Now that you’ve created all the necessary user profiles, you can invite them to the corresponding Projects. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Projects to see the whole list of your existing Jira Projects.
2. Click on the necessary Project and select Invite team.
3. Use the search bar to find the user, and in the drop-down menu, set the Role to Service Desk team.
4. Click Invite.
How to make the email visible
Lastly, every user must make their email publicly visible for the time of migration. To do this, go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the Contact section select Anyone.
Atlassian will automatically save the changes.
You may change this setting to your discretion once the import is complete.
How to remove users from Projects
In case you’ve added the wrong user to a Project, you can remove them. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the necessary Project and choose Project settings in the left sidebar.
2. Go to the People section, find the user you want to remove from this Project, and click Remove next to their name.
How to deactivate users in Jira Service Desk
If you have some users that don’t require access to your Jira at the moment, you can deactivate them. This way, the account won’t be usable until it’s activated again, and their license spot will be free and possible to be replaced by another account. Here’s how to deactivate users in Jira:
1. Go to Settings > User Management.
2. Click on the user account you want to deactivate.
3. Switch the Has access on site toggle to deactivate the user. You will get the notification that the account was deactivated in the lower-left corner.