How to generate and when to use Jira Cloud API token?
An API token can be used as a password when setting up a migration from/to Jira Service Desk. If you sign in your Jira Service Desk using your Google account or have Two-step verification enabled, this method is an easy way to authenticate and continue the migration.
To generate a Jira Cloud API token you have to:
2. Click "Create API token":
3. Name your token, so you could easily understand what it's for and click "Create":
4. Once you have your API key, click Copy to clipboard:
5. Go to Migration Wizard and insert the token in the Password field:
6. Fill out the rest of the fields and try your Free Demo.
Revoking your API key
Once the migration is over, you can revoke access by clicking the "Revoke" button next to the corresponding key:
Important: do not revoke the API token when the migration is in progress. This will stop the data import|export. You'll have to re-authorize and re-start the migration from the very beginning.