We hope you like new updates because we’re coming with another one. Yes, you’ve heard us right – we’re opening another API integration for Migration Wizard. From now on, an automated migration service from and to Cherwell is available with our Help Desk Migration service.
Before we will talk about the entities that can be migrated and different peculiarities, let’s dwell a bit on Cherwell itself. If you are unaware of the merits it has to offer, keep reading – you may have come across a service desk solution of your dreams.
What is Cherwell?
Cherwell is an IT Service Management system that employs a number of features. The most prominent are integration and automation. The latter is actually very flexible and is suitable even for beginners since the system offers numerous automation templates to choose from. And with its IT self-service portal, you can serve different customer roles, thus providing a personalized approach to each.
Cherwell also features intuitive help desk reporting & dashboards, both on-premise and cloud-based deployment, and many other unique features. The best thing about Cherwell is that it’s pretty inexpensive considering everything it has to offer. Many of its users have switched from more expensive solutions and are satisfied with the decision they’ve made.
Entities that can be migrated from and to Cherwell
The list of records one can export and import to Cherwell is actually identical. With our Migration Wizard, you can easily migrate:
- Public and private notes
- Creation date
The list is pretty extensive, however, if you have something on your mind, that you would like to transfer, but it’s not stated here, feel free to drop us a line. Our support agents will discuss the peculiarities of custom migration with you and answer all questions you may have concerning the topic.
Peculiarities of data import to Cherwell
- Contacts’ names and agents migrate together with the agent’s email address. It will be put in brackets.
- All attachments will migrate connected to the corresponding incident (ticket).
When it comes to peculiarities of data export from Cherwell, there isn’t much to say, as the vital role is played by the target platform.
How to set up the migration
1. Pick a source and target platform on our website, then provide the access credentials to both. No matter if you’re migrating from or to Cherwell, the system will ask you to provide a client ID to form a connection that makes data transfer possible. If you don’t know where to find one, check out our website for a detailed guide.
2. For the next step, select the records you would like to move to another platform. Pay attention to the table itself, as it will show you how the names of the records will change.
3. Right after you’ve selected everything, the mapping page will open automatically. Connect corresponding fields to each other. We advise you to pay attention to this process if you want to locate the records on a new platform correctly.
4. Start a trial migration, during which our system will take twenty random tickets and transfer them to the target platform. So, you’re essentially getting a sneak peek of how things will look like after the Full Data Migration. When the demo is over, carefully check each ticket, including its location and characteristics.
5. If you’re completely satisfied with the way the demo went, initiate Full Data Migration.
Now that you know all the details, don’t hesitate to set up a migration from or to Cherwell on our website! In case of any additional questions, contact our support team. Your perfect service desk is waiting for you!
Set up your Cherwell Data Migration now!
Migrate your records seamlessly and safely