Disclaimer: The information on this page is of a purely informational nature and aims to familiarize visitors of the site/users of our service with GDPR and their rights according to this law.
What is GDPR?GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation. It takes effect on May 25 and concerns residents of the European Union and companies that collect and process their data. The GDPR expands the privacy rights of EU individuals and places new obligations on all organizations that market, track, or handle EU personal data.
What does this mean for you as the end user?In the case, the implementation of GDPR gives you the right to:
- Know which data is collected by Help Desk Migration.
- Know why this data is collected.
- Agree or disagree with the collection of data during the initial visit/use of our website/service.
- Change or delete the data you provided to Help Desk Migration.
- Know how we protect your personal data.
- Know how you can change/delete/disagree to the collection of your data.
Is Help Desk Migration service GDPR compliant?Yes, it is. Much of the GDPR is built on the existing EU data protection framework which we are already well placed for. But we’ve also taken some measures to comply with GDPR, such as:
- Inform the clients and the website visitors about the data we collect and the purpose of its use.
- Inform the users on how to disable the below-mentioned tracking and not share their private information with us.
- Provide a way to access/download/ request a delete the collected data.
- Enable clients to unsubscribe from marketing emails or request to be removed from the database by contacting us.
How we collect and process your data
What kind of personal data is obtained?When you sign up to use our service we request the following credentials:
- e-mail address;
- phone number.
- web request (e.g., date, time, etc.);
- IP address;
- browser type;
- browser language;
- one or more cookies identifying your browser.
What are cookies?Cookies are small bits of data files widely used by separate websites and online service providers for reporting and usability purposes.As you surf the Internet, cookies record which websites you visit; they can also be used to remember the information you input in fields, i.e., autofill.
Why do we collect your personal data?The information mentioned above is used to:
- Improve your experience with our website and data migration tool.
- Successfully perform a help desk migration - to set up a migration you have to specify the URL address of your help desk, API key, email, password, etc. These credentials are necessary to perform the migration and are only used for that purpose. When the migration is complete, the credentials are automatically removed from our system.
- Contact you – send an estimate, answer your questions, send you notifications/updates about the migration.
How do we make sure that your data is 100% protected?As a Data Controller, we understand the responsibility we bear for the safety of your data. Check out our Security Policy for more detailed information on the matter.
How you can access your data
What is your data deletion and retention policy, and associated timescale?According to GDPR, every current user of our service and website visitor can request to delete their private information by sending an email to email@example.comImportant note: deleted information cannot be restored. For instance, if you request to cancel your account, all information will be permanently removed, including all migrations.
Can I access my data any time I want?By logging into your Help Desk Migration account, you can access the following information:
- The name, email, and phone you used to sign up. You can change the name and phone by yourself, but you cannot change the email.
- All migrations you have set up. You can edit them and review their status.