The data migration process has never been an easy thing to perform. It always takes time and effort. Migrating records is especially complex when you do not have a team of professional developers who can do it correctly and in a shorter time.
However, when you are no longer satisfied with your current customer service solution, but still want to keep your customer records, this is a unavoidable step. So, speaking about Help Scout to Zendesk migration, it’s a complex task in general.
But the result is definitely worth the effort. And we are here to help you! In this article, we’ll overview two possible methods you can use for importing your Help Scout records to Zendesk. So, keep on reading if you’re interested.
Help Scout to Zendesk Importing Process
In order to move records from Help Scout (or any other service) to Zendesk, you can export all the necessary data into a CSV file. Fortunately, we know that Help Scout supports exporting your data to the required format. To do this, you should follow the next steps:
1. Go to the Reports menu and choose the channel from which you need your data.
2. Click on the Print/Export icon in the upper right corner. And select the Export option from the menu.
3. Make sure the dates stated in the pop-out window correspond to what you wanted to export. Now, choose the desired format (CSV in this case) and click the blue Export button.
4. Download your ready CSV file when it’s available in your email inbox.
What files can you export from Help Scout?
The CSV file you compile will contain all the records used to form reports from the channel you’ve chosen. You will find almost everything from your data connected to Conversations, Channels, Emails, Companies and even Happiness reports. What you won’t be able to transfer are conversation thread contents and satisfaction ratings comments.
How to import a CSV file to Zendesk?
With your CSV file, go right to Zendesk, where you can start the data migration process. To import the CSV user data, you should do the following:
1. Click the Admin icon in the sidebar, then select People.
2. Select Bulk User Import (located in the right column).
3. Choose the type of import you want:
- “Create new users” type
- or “Update existing users” type
4. Either click “Choose File” or the “Let me paste in data instead” link and select the CSV file you’ve downloaded from Help Scout.
5. Click the Import button.
Are there any limitations?
You should also take into account that there are the following limitations for Zendesk importing:
- The import CSV data file can contain a maximum of 2000 rows of data (remember: one row is taken for the header and the rest for the user or organization data).
- If you need to import more than 2000 rows of records, you have to create separate CSV files for each such group and import them one at a time.
- The data you can move into Zendesk are such records as Tickets, Users (with all the information referring to them), Organizations, Tags, and even Custom Fields.
When you will see that the process is done you can check whether all of your information was exported or no. In case there is data missing, you can add it manually. But it’s a time-consuming process, so it makes no sense to use a person that can deal with another business task. And to make the process of migration successful you have to be attentive at all times which is difficult during monotonous manual work.
The Easier Way
You should remember that neither Help Scout nor Zendesk doesn’t have any native tools which could accomplish your request for you completely. So, in case doing it manually is not your cup of tea, we have a better solution. Just go to our Migration Wizard and it will make your migration process faster and easier. You do not need to migrate the data by hand from one place to another and carefully check every smallest step you take. Now, it can be done automatically for you.
First of all, you have to be aware that in order to export files from Help Scout you have to your Help Scout account with our tool, providing such information as:
- Mailbox ID
- Docs API
- and Docs site id
This way, we will receive access to your Help Scout data. Then, you should provide the URL of your Zendesk account and then log in through our tool to provide access to data in your target account.
The next step is mapping the data fields according to your requirements and setting up the demo migration. During this process, our tool will select 20 random records from your Help Scout mailbox and move it to Zendesk. Afterward, you will be able to check if everything migrated correctly so that you can be sure of quality and safety we provide as well as decide if you’re ready to move all the records using our service.
It doesn’t have to be complicated!
There’s no need to overload yourself with unnecessary work when you just can take advantage of our Migration Wizard. So, if you want to migrate from one service, not only Help Scout to Zendesk but any other, you can turn right to our assistance. This way you can be sure your records will move correctly in the way you expect and you won’t be putting too much effort into this process. So, don’t hesitate, and try to set up a Free Demo Migration or drop us a line in case of any questions.
Set up a Help Scout to Zendesk migration now!
Automated. Secure. Fast.