Can you recall the last time you received an outstanding customer service? Can you deny that this experience formed your impression of how professional is the support team and the company as a whole? No doubt that during the product or service purchase, you paid attention to the attitude and communication. These are the factors that impact your decision - and you either buy from this company again or prefer its competitor.
Customer service matters a lot
In case you run a small business and think that the customer service isn’t very important - you will be disappointed with the fact that it is much more important than you can imagine. Impeccable service is what makes a company stand out from the crowd of competitors and build trust with the customers. Without it, receiving numerous referrals, positive reviews or many returning customers is a virtually unattainable task.
Choosing a help desk software for Shopify
Managing every business aspect from product promotion, packaging, shipping to social media marketing isn’t a piece of cake. You should consider an implementation of a help desk software into your strategy and workflow. It will enhance the personal connection and help build lasting relationships with the customers. Yet, the choice of a help desk for your Shopify might be a challenge, as the market offers dozens of various solutions. However, not all of them are suitable for eCommerce or integrate well with shopping carts, and specifically Shopify. To free you from the headache of selecting the appropriate solution, here is a short list of the best help desks that integrate seamlessly with Shopify.
6 help desks for your great customer service
Being one of the market leaders, Zendesk will improve the quality of the customer service you offer. Including multi-channel support within a single interface, this help desk brings customer and brand communication closer by aiding in establishing lasting relationships. Uniting all the feedback sources, Zendesk improves the efficiency of your support service team, which in its turn leads to customer satisfaction boost.
- Integrated email system helps to deal with the correspondence. When a customer sends an email to customer support, the ticket that includes all of the communications (replies, comments) is automatically created.
- Triggers are the set instructions to streamline processes and automate common tasks. They are a set of directions that are activated when a particular event happens.
- Self-service is represented by the options of creating a rich knowledge base with the FAQ section. You can also enrich the content in the knowledge base by adding samples of the resolved cases with a tag. That will save a lot of time for your clients who are looking for the answer to a similar query.
- Customization allows to match the interface to your corporate style and distinguish your brand from the others.
- Reporting represents the data collected based on KPIs and metrics such as daily ticket volume and activity, SLA compliance, average resolution time, customer satisfaction, agent performance and efficiency.
Cost: starting from $5 per agent per month for Zendesk Support with free trial included.
With Freshdesk you get a fully functional help desk for Shopify store that suits the requirements of nearly any small or medium business. It also complies with the needs of freelancers and startups and offers a freemium pricing model for up to 3 agents. The solution will speed up your customer support process, automate routine tasks, and free up person-hours of the support team members for dealing with the most essential tasks and tickets.
- Ticketing system checks, sorts out and assigns the incoming requests to the most appropriate support agent. Freshdesk uses an SLA policy.
- Self-service portal delivers the knowledge base functionality with both technical and training advice and allows adding a FAQ section.
- Multi-channel support routes all the customers' tickets and requests you get from all the support channels of your store to a single place for fast and high-quality service.
- Enhanced reporting helps to measure the time and productivity of the customer service and team performance.
- Advanced notifications prevent collision of support agents and show whether the ticket is open and the work on it is in progress.
- Gamification is a great way to incentivize your staff to meet their goals and send them on certain "quests" to win earn extra points.
Costs: essential set of features are available in the free plan, paid plans start from $19 per agent per month with a free trial.
There are two different scenarios of using LiveChat for Shopify. For a sales team it is the way of increasing the transactions volume and the average order value. For support service agents it means easier and more effective handling of clients inquiries and issues plus improved customer experience.
- Real-time chat with customers. You can target the promising leads and engage them before they've had time to bounce. This is also a great way to prevent a potential customer from leaving and to make a quick fix for some minor requests.
- Tracking visitor with ticket means that you can create a ticket during the chat with a customer or from the archive.
- Customization of the chat window - using CSS plus adding buttons, removing the LiveChat logo, adding support agent photos to make it more human etc.
- Reports help you track the default KPIs as well as the specific metrics necessary for customer experience and satisfaction rates improvement.
- Chat surveys feature allows you to create pre-chat and post-chat surveys to collect valuable data for sales or support service teams.
Costs: Starting from $16 per agent per month with 30-day free trial.
Representing a multi-channel help desk software, LiveAgent helps to improve satisfaction rates and strike more deals. Also, it is a good solution for business owners of the Shopify based stores. The solution combines an all-in-one support ticket system with customer portals, universal inboxes, and built-in live chat. Plus, it enables Facebook ticketing and Twitter monitoring.
- Ticketing option helps to turn every interaction with a client into a ticket. This includes all emails, live chats, phone calls, Facebook messages and tweets, along with internal notes and other types of data related to a specific customer.
- Ticket distribution allows to set specific rules and ensure that every support agent has an optimum workload for maximum efficiency.
- Customer portals are represented by the customizable knowledge base, forums, and feedback functionality that is a kind of an ultimate built-in resource for your customers.
- Reports feature includes detailed analytics with filters to get a fast overview of a channel, tag, or agent performance, customer satisfaction rates, ticket volume, and the like.
Costs: starting from $9 per agent per month + free trial for the first 14 days.
#5 Help Scout
With Help Scout, you receive the help desk for Shopify that is focused on creating personal conversations. Besides, on the support side, the team can manage multiple inboxes and even brands, track and organize customer interactions and add notes. It also improves teamwork management with the option of agent collision detection, filters for automation, real-time reporting, and a lot more.
- Personalized email design lets you get rid of the traditional ticket form, so your clients receive replies that look like simple emails rather than corporate style templates.
- The integrated knowledge base can be built from scratch, or you can upload existing HTML, markdown or text files. It also supports brand logos, links, images, videos, and file attachments.
- Real-time reporting is carried out within four categories: Conversations (insights into the busiest time, conversations answered, number of customers, etc.), Productivity (shows the time spent answering requests, first response time, and resolution times), Team (delivers in-depth insights into the metrics of each team member), and Happiness (derives the satisfaction scores from customers’ feedback and overall customer experience).
- Workflows can be set automatically via if/then rules when certain conditions are met, or applied manually anytime to a certain conversation or in bulk.
- Auto-reply is the mailbox option that sends a response when a new message is received.
- Collision detection helps to avoid duplicate responses by showing a visual indicator of the task status (someone from the team is viewing it, replying etc).
Costs: starting from $25 per agent per month with a free 15-day trial.
Kayako seems to be a solution that equally cares about the support and the sales teams. It helps easily switch between communication channels and fix nearly every customer request with a personal touch. The help desk applies SLA plans, response and resolution deadlines that effectively work both for large companies and SMBs. You can also set priority of support channels, the levels of request complexity and the like.
- Customer journey visualization shows you everything about a customer’s interaction with your e-shop like page views, orders, shipping history, and Help Center searches. Those are great tips for support agents letting them provide the right, timely, proactive, and personal support on each channel.
- Customer-facing support center allows you to create a knowledge base and a customer community for sharing tips and experiences.
- Ticket routing enables assigning tickets to specific agents based on their skills, current workload etc.
- Live chat presents real-time visitor monitoring and proactive engagement. It detects the potential opportunities and is aimed at keeping customers interested and willing to build a deeper connection with the brand.
Costs: starting from $15 per agent per month + try it free for 14 days.
The key task of a help desk software is to integrate all customer communications within a single interface, boost customer engagement as well as automate routine tasks. Besides, it usually offers the functionality to provide answers to the most popular clients’ questions via a knowledge base or a FAQs section. So, take a closer look at this list and choose a perfect help desk for your Shopify store that will meet your requirements and exceed your customers’ expectations.
Move your Shopify store to a new help desk
Automated, secure and fast data migrationTry free migration