How to Setup Token Authentication In Samanage (now Solarwinds Service Cloud)
Before we begin, consider these important details:
- The user who issues a token must be a System Administrator.
- The token has the same permissions as the user's role. If the role changes so do the permissions of the token which may affect the migration.
- If a Token is Reset or Deleted, this will break the API connection. If you had a migration in progress, it will fail. You will have to refresh the token to continue the migration.
- If you disable the User who generated the Token, the Token will also be disabled.
How to generate the API token
1. Open the sidebar and select Setup>Users & Access and then click on your name
2. Select Actions>Generate JSON Web Token
3. Copy the token and continue your data migration.