How to import Tickets with a JSON file into Jira Service Management
To try our Free Demo and to complete the Full Migration, you need to upload the JSON file that our tool generated for you to Jira Service Management. But before you begin, check one thing.
How to set the max attachment size
In Jira Service Management you can set the size of attachments users can add to requests. We recommend increasing the size limit to make sure you import all the attachments.
Here's how to do it:
1. Go to Settings > System.
2. Select Advanced > Attachments to open the Attachment page.
3. Click the Edit Settings button, which allows editing the attachment settings:
4. In the Attachment Size field, specify the necessary maximum attachment size. The default (per file) is 10485760 bytes (10 MB). The maximum attachment size (per file) is 2147483647 bytes (2 GB).
5. Click Update to apply the changes and upload your JSON file.
You can return to this page after the import and change the size limit to your discretion.
How to import the JSON file to Jira Service Management
Follow these steps:
- Log in to Jira Service Management as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Click Settings - System - scroll down to the Import and Export section - External System Import - JSON.
- Unzip the archive to get your file.
- Upload your JSON file from a computer.
- Click Begin Import.
Once the import is finished, wait for a little to be able to see Attachments and Comments in Jira Service Management. Check the result of the Demo and before you move to the final step of your migration, manually delete the test portion of data that you just uploaded to avoid having duplicates after the migration.
When the Full Data Migration is complete, you'll have to repeat the same steps and upload the JSON files to Jira Service Management. Keep in mind, that it's no longer the twenty tickets that you uploaded after the demo. This time, you may have thousands of records to import. But, the thing is, the max amount of tickets that each JSON file can hold is 10 000. So, if you have, for example, 11 000 tickets, our Migration Wizard will give you two files you'll have to repeat the upload process two times. If you have any questions, leave us a message.
Will users and customers receive notifications during the import?
No, they will not. Since you're importing from a JSON file, you're simply uploading data to Jira Service Management.