How to import Tickets with a JSON file into Jira Service Desk?
To try our Free Demo and to complete the Full Migration, you need to upload the JSON file that our tool generated for you to Jira Service Desk. But before you begin, check one thing.
How to set the max attachment size
In Jira Service Desk you can set the size of attachments users can add to requests. We recommend increasing the size limit to make sure you import all the attachments.
Here's how to do it:
1. Go to Settings > System.
2. Select Advanced > Attachments to open the Attachment page.
3. Click the Edit Settings button, which allows editing the attachment settings:
4. In the Attachment Size field, specify the necessary maximum attachment size. The default (per file) is 10485760 bytes (10 MB). The maximum attachment size (per file) is 2147483647 bytes (2 GB).
5. Click Update to apply the changes and upload your JSON file.
You can return to this page after the import and change the size limit to your discretion.
How to import the JSON file to Jira Service Desk
Follow these steps:
- Log in to Jira Service Desk as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Click Settings - System - scroll down to the Import and Export section - External System Import - JSON.
- Unzip the archive to get your file.
- Upload your JSON file from a computer.
- Click Begin Import.
Once the import is finished, wait for a little to be able to see Attachments and Comments in Service Desk. Check the result of the Demo and move to the final step of your migration. If you have any questions, leave us a message.
Will users and customers receive notifications during the import?
No, they will not. Since you're importing from a JSON file, you're simply uploading data to Jira Service Desk.