How to customize your Zendesk, Freshdesk, or Freshservice data migration
You can customize your Zendesk, Freshdesk, or Freshservice data migration directly in the Migration Wizard tool. Here is how it works.
Once you have set up your demo migration either to or from Zendesk, Freshdesk, or Freshservice and checked its result, you can order some additional options to adjust the Full Data Migration according to your needs. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click on the “Choose additional options” button beneath your demo migration report. This way, you’ll open a pop-up window with the list of migration customization options.
2. Go through the list and check the ways to customize your data migration. We have sorted them into such categories as paid options for Group, Staff, and Ticket customization for your convenience.
The exact list of additional options to customize your data migration will depend on your source and target platform. Some examples of customization our data masterminds can do for you:
- Manual mapping of the route of your groups;
- A customized matching of your agents’ route from source to target platforms;
- Adding a new tag to the migrated tickets;
- Transferring inline images as attachments (only for Zendesk);
- Migrating all your tickets to a specific group;
- Defining a default agent.
3. Select the needed customization options by putting checkmarks next to them. After choosing all the options you want, you’ll see the total price for customizing your data migration and an approximate time for preparing it.
4. Push the “Proceed to payment” button and fill in your billing information to pay for your data migration customization.
Sometimes, the payment process might take up to a couple of hours. In such cases, you’ll see a notification “Your payment is pending.” Simply refresh a page from time to time to check whether your payment has gone through.
Just in case your payment was not successful, you’ll see a system message that “Your payment has failed.” Don’t worry, though, as our support team will investigate what might be going on and get back to you shortly with an update.
If your payment has gone through, you’ll get a notification saying that “Your payment for the custom work was successful.” It means you can go to the next step of this guide.
Keep in mind that if you have already paid for a few additional options and later on decided to buy some other ones, get back to the list of available options by clicking on the “Choose additional options” button and buy those you need. There will be a green checkmark next to the options you’ve already paid for in such a case.
5. So, you've selected the needed data migration customization options, figured out its approximate time frame, and paid for the process. The only thing left to do is wait until our technical specialists prepare your data migration customization. After a technical specialist adjusts your data migration according to your needs, a support agent will notify you about it.
If, after paying for the Full Data Migration, you try to start it before your customization is complete, you’ll receive the following notification on your screen:
So, wait for a notification that your data migration customization is complete from our support team and start the Full Data Migration only after receiving it.
6. Once you've received a notification that your data migration customization is ready, initiate the Full Data Migration. This way, you'll transfer all the needed records in a customized way.
If you still have any questions concerning your data migration and its customization, contact our support team, and we’ll be happy to help you out.