The help desk software is a crucial asset for providing outstanding customer service. A great customer support platform helps agents to be productive and timely react to customers’ requests. So, choosing a help desk companies should thoroughly evaluate all options.
Today we decided to compare Desk.com vs Freshdesk. The latter is a great alternative to Desk which is soon to retire. But will Freshdesk fit the workflow in your company?
Let’s dive in the similarities and differences of Desk.com vs Freshdesk.
Such successful businesses as Greenvelope, Yelp, Dwolla, Vimeo, Big Cartel, Wunderkinder, SoundCloud, DuckDuckGo, Zaarly, and many others have chosen Desk.com as their help desk software.
Freshdesk can also boast with such famous names as Honda, 3M, Hugo Boss, Sony Pictures, University of Pennsylvania and Unicef.
General features outlook
To begin with, Desk.com was earlier known as “Assistly”. In 2011 Salesforce acquired the company and rebuilt the product. Thus, Assistly became Desk.com but still remained its purpose of a social help desk small and medium-sized businesses. However, on March 13, 2020, Desk.com is going to be retired.
Although the platform is soon to be closed, it still remains one of the most popular of the time. Let’s see what Desk.com had to offer to its users:
- Social support is applied to the user’s account from the very beginning, and the user interface is very accessible and functional.
- Multichannel customer support which allowed communicating via email, social media, live chat, and phone within a single agent console.
- Robust case management which enabled agents to track and prioritize their cases, as well as sort them by tags to keep everything in order.
- Business rules for auto-tasking, macros for repeated actions, and a reward system for healthy competition.
- Automation of repetitive tasks that helped agents focus on more important issues that required a personal touch.
- The self-service portal (knowledge base) which enabled customers to help themselves at any time of day or night.
In its turn, Freshdesk is the software product of Freshworks which is more than competitive in terms of comparison with Desk.com. The platform is not only easy enough to handle without professional help but is also affordable. Moreover, it is suitable for companies of all sizes. Freshdesk offers a vast variety of possibilities, so companies can easily scale the platform as needed.
Its main features include:
- Efficient ticket management to make sure all cases are managed by a dedicated support agent.
- Multi-channel customer support that enables managing all communications from multiple channels in one single platform.
- Multi-language and multi-time zone support, that provides internationally convenient customer service.
- Knowledge Base organization and management directly from the Freshdesk account.
- Capability to customize workflows, customer portal, agent roles and more to make your help desk feel like home for you and all the co-workers.
- Freshdesk Audit Log keeps you informed about issues diagnostics record your agents’ every promotion, access permission, and role change. Moreover, it’s easier to restore system stability, in case new automation affects the help desk in the way you didn’t expect.
- Its main advantage over Desk.com is putting leaderboards and gamification in the working process. That’s the way to get the additional motivation for the staff. Plus, you’ll enhance productivity and find a perfect way for the company’s authorities to trace the employees’ development.
Desk.com can be integrated with more than 50 handy apps such as Salesforce, Jira Service Desk, MailChimp, Slack and many more. Thus allowing to not only extend the possibilities of the help desk but also make it a part of the business workflow.
Freshdesk also offers a wide range of integrations. In particular, you can choose from 300+ apps in the marketplace. You’ll find Shopify, MailChimp, Jira, Google Apps, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, and many others. Like Desk.com, Freshdesk can be integrated with Salesforce. It’s great news since you probably don't want to move to another CRM system.
Both Desk.com and Freshdesk offer a great number of integrations. Although, Freshdesk surely wins the competition as the number of its software integrations definitely prevails.
Both vendors present multiple ways to access your account. You can log in from a Mac or Windows computer since both help desks are web-based. And, you can also download the app and access your account from an iOS- or Android-operated mobile device.
Available support channels
Like Desk.com, Freshdesk allows serving customers via Phone, Email, Live Chat, and Social Media.
However, there’s one privilege Freshdesk has that can help provide day-and-night online customer service - Support Bot. It uses the Machine learning and AI algorithm to execute the following functions:
- Analyze customer queries.
- Fetch and offer solutions from the Knowledge Base.
- Proactively resolve customer questions.
Support Bot is supposed to help agents spend more time on cases that require human interaction. But the communication will still look human-like because you can customize your bot so it reflects the image of your organization. For this purpose, you can choose the header, bot name, avatar and even more features from the default list or provide your own.
Note that Support Bot is only available in Estate and Forest pricing plans. But you can find affordable alternatives on Freshdesk marketplace.
All Desk.com and Freshdesk pricing plans present numerous features. Their pricing policy not only allows to select the maximally suitable offer but to scale the platform along with the business while moving between plans. Now, let’s take a closer look at how they differ.
Desk.com offered four pricing plans with prices starting from $9 per month for up to 3 agents and up to $125/agent/month. For users, that preferred annual billing there was a discount ranging from 5$ to 25$ depending on the plan they had chosen. (source)
|Email, Twitter, Facebook||1 account each||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Support Center Branding||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|History||No||Last 6 months||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Desk connect to Salesforce||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Likewise, Freshdesk offers four paid plans. But unlike Desk.com, Freshdesk has a free plan for small businesses or those who are just getting started with help desk software. However, Freshdesk also covers medium and enterprise-level companies.
|FREE||$19/agent/ month||$35/agent/ month||$65/agent/ month||$125/agent/ month|
|FREE||$15/agent/ month||$29/agent/ month||$49/agent/ month||$109/agent/ month|
|Tacket Trend Report||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multilingual Knowledge Base||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ticket Assignment Automation||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple SLAs & Timezones||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Skill-based Ticket Assignment||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Data Center Location||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Extendable API rate limit||No||No||No||No||Yes|
Considering these two platforms, you should remember that with Freshdesk’s offers and possibilities for its users, Desk.com definitely takes a back seat. Here’s why:
1. Freshdesk offers a free starter plan with an unlimited number of agents and a basic set of facilities that are necessary for your customer support workflow.
2. IP Whitelisting enables controlling the access of different IP addresses to the portal.
3. The full analysis of the workload allows spotting the busiest days or hours to bring in additional help when needed.
4. Every agent’s or group’s results of the time spent on solving tickets, answering the requests, etc. can be summarized for a specific time period.
5. Freshdesk support plans from Garden and further offer a multilingual Knowledge Base to support international customers’.
6. In Estate and Forest plans it is possible to set up multiple SLA policies and accommodate several timezones to assist many different kinds of customers, agent shifts, products, and others.
7. 24/7 email support and 24/5 phone or chat support are included in all plans.
8. There is also a second type of agent available in Freshdesk - Occasional Agent. It exists especially for those company members that need to access the help desk and solve customers’ queries only occasionally, for instance, a couple of times a month. The platform allows creating an unlimited number of Occasional agents in any support plan but the quantity of time they can reach it is finite.
Desk.com is a trusted social help desk software that left millions of solved issues behind. However, Freshdesk is a more perspective and practical platform that keeps on improving for themselves but especially - for their precious customers. So, having this knowledge, carefully consider all of the features that you’ve just discovered and then make a wise solution in order to make your business prosperous.
Basically, both help desks have common and specific features, but the question is only up to you to answer: Desk.com vs Freshdesk: which of the help desk software alternatives is a real matter for your business?”
If you already made your decision and want the best experience during the data transfer, remember, Help Desk Migration is always here to support you before, during and after your migration!
Start the migration right now
Automated. Secure. Fast.Set up Free Demo Migration