Everything is quite simple: you have customers, and you need a great customer support solution. Support and customer success managers may juggle emails, social media interactions, try to feed knowledge base until they miss an important email or negative feedback. Clients may fly off the handle or just leave a bad review and choose one of your competitors. In other words, your customer service is doomed without a help desk with mobile app support.
Challenging questions and dissatisfied clients are the ordinary things in customer support. Thus, there is a kind of bridge between your brand and customers’ feedbacks out there. It is help desk software that enhances managing pressing issues via emails, tweets, chats, tickets and more to a single customer center. Speaking of messages, you are able to delegate them to a right teammate and make certain that every client get help. Apart from creating a knowledge base with helpful tips or documentation, help desk with mobile app allows your customer support fix clients’ requests on the go.
Help Desk: What and Why?
Turnes out help desk is the first line of defense against low customer experience that works quickly and empower your team with options for fast and quality tickets and requests solving. Still, if the software correctly selected, your customer service representatives will do their job satisfactorily avoiding undue friction and waiting.
Business depends on an ecosystem of products and solutions as a part of day-to-day operations. Continuing this topic, happy customers and employees is also a vital part of business success. The problem comes from thinking that the shiny new technology is a one-size-fits-all solution to any problem.
Fortunately, there are dozens of help desk with mobile apps that comply with the requirements either of SMBs and large organizations. Along with this, keep in mind that some solutions are built with the social tie-ins (allowing to rise tickets from social media), additional security measures, or identity management. These features may be a key point in choice for one company, as well as the irrelevant option for the others.
Major Capabilities to Look First
Every journey of problem-solving starts with framing. So, let’s define the key features of help desk solutions. Generally, most apps share the same understanding of the business problems and goals. There are six must-have (or prefer to be available) features to look for in a help desk solution.
- Team inbox simplifies the process of managing emails and helps to avoid double answering to the customer’s request. All correspondence is delivered to a single place, and every team member can access and see all the dialogue, so it is clear what’s going on and who helps the client at the moment. On the plus side, you can bring in the emails from different addresses and reply correspondingly. Some apps offer tools to reduce the reply time (keyboard shortcuts, canned replies and the like).
- Social support problem is handling very useful if something went wrong on the website. Customers can ask for help or complain online. To put it another way - you may receive sharing great experience post sharing or negative review about poor service. Help desk with social media integration delivers the messages right away in your inbox and ensures that every problem customers have won’t go unnoticed.
- Knowledge base to support customers and representatives with content or documentation and answer the common questions before they are asked or some in-depth technical, prices, features, frequent problems, services information. When customers can’t find the answer, support representatives will assist and fix the issue.
- Some customers still prefer email, but most of clients are using live chat to get an answer or help faster. Usually, help desk solutions offer it as an extra function - so you just need to add chat widget on your website. In case, you can’t enable 24/7 support; the users will have an opportunity to send an email describing their situation or question.
- Help desk with mobile app support is a right way to satisfy customers who want help ASAP. These tools include adding documentation, chat, or email support inside the mobile app. Apart from accessibility, these apps track the users’ device, what part they are using and the like. So instead of unnecessary asking for more information, your representatives will go down to solve the issue from the first reply.
- API integration with other business solutions delivers greater technological synergy, as well as simplifies and speeds up the customers’ requests solving. Communicating data with other apps will boost sales performance and enhance the tracking of customer interaction.
5 Help Desks Worth Your Attention
Reduce the time you spend on mechanical, uninteresting work and focus on what’s important. Being designed with a human perspective, help desk tools address the customer complaints and deliver the basis for loyalty strengthening. So, check a brief overview of effective help desk solutions out.
Note: the apps listing is random, and the number in a list doesn’t apply any special preference.
The solution focuses on the real-time support and helps you to deliver answers and fixes to the customers on time. All the interactions with clients are chat-like and driven to the single place. LiveAgent shows what customer types in chat so your representatives can figure out what to answer before the client sends the message. Among many features, there are rules setting that allows assigning tickets to specific support managers or departments. This is a help desk with mobile app for Android and iOS, integrations and gamification to motivate the team to achieve higher results.
Suitable for a quick overview of interactions with clients.
Supports team inbox, live chat, knowledge base, social media integration, forum, SLA, analytics, and mobile app.
Subscription starts from $12 agent/month. Every plan has a free seat. Also, there is downloadable license $11.950 for 20 seats.
Trial 14 days.
The built-in SLA policies make the prioritization of support easier. You indicate the channels and user levels that are supposed to be resolved first and Freshdesk marks these tickets as important. Along with the canned replies, the app offers time-triggered and event-triggered automation. The complex tickets may be split into separate child tickets. With Freshdesk, your customers will receive responses in the expected format.
Suitable for brands that prioritize SLA support.
Supports team inbox, social integration, chat, forum, mobile app, knowledge base, analytics.
Subscription ‘Sprout’ freemium plan with no user limitation, for small teams $25 user/month ($19 user/month in annual subscription)
Trial 30 days.
Take the vantage of built-in time tracker to ensure that your customers receive answers quickly. Plus, HappyFox has a capability to set the priority level to the tickets. Besides, the advanced reports imply the improved analysis and further planning customer success tactics. The help desk with mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Suitable for you if there is a need to track time spent on tickets resolvement.
Supports team inbox, chat, forum, social media integration, mobile support, analytics, and customization.
Subscription starts from $39 user/month ($29 user/month paid annually). Every plan requires at least 3 users.
Demo on request.
With this solution, you will let customers help themselves. The trick is simple: when a user wants to ask something, Zendesk will show a related article from the docs that may give the required answer. If this weren't helpful, this client would send you a message. Among many features, this app runs NPS surveys at the end of your messages to rate your support performance. Zendesk is a help desk with mobile app for Android, iOS, and Windows phone.
Suitable for support on any platform.
Supports team inbox, social media integration, chat, forum, knowledge base, mobile support,
Subscription goes from Essential plan $9 user/month ($5 user/month billed annually).
Trial(on Professional plan only) 30 days / Demo requires signing up.
The interface of this solution allows opening tickets you want to reply in tas and then switch between them while answering. Desk.com aids in cutting the routine tasks down with the workflows and automation capabilities. Moreover, the CRM data (if you use Salesforce) is displayed alongside with the ticket to save questions and updates into a client’s profile. Desk.com enables you to use mobile support on Android and iOS devices.
Suitable for small businesses who need Salesforce integration, and tabbed UI.
Supports team inbox, social integration, chat, phone, knowledge base, analytics, mobile apps.
Subscription starts with Standard plan $25 user/month ($20 user/month billed annually).
Trial 14 days
Board It up
Once you have figured out what your organization needs in order to grow, time to choose a help desk with mobile app to adequately solve your business goals. There many solutions out there, and to find the most suitable one you need to try some of them and see how they work in the battlefield. When you find that very app, bring the docs and accounts and make this help desk feel like home.
Looking to migrate your support records?
Automated. Secure. Fast.Start migration